We seek for sparks from all over the world who are willing to join the Global Concept Team of POLSKA 2023 World Scout Jamboree Bid. You can volunteer in three areas and develop the ideas for the WSJ2023 with us. Deadline for application is 28th of February 2017. Please apply using registration form: http://bit.ly/GlobalConceptTeamPOLSKA2023.
We would like to invite you to a team international volunteers, eager to share their experience and know-how through conceptual work with the Polska 2023 World Scout Jamboree Bid Team. We are looking for volunteers with experience to consult, provide feedback and inspire the team in the following areas:
- Educational Programme Development
- Jamboree Site Development & Logistics
- IST Experience
What we expect from you:
- Experience during at least one World Scout Event (Jamboree, Moot) in one of the above three areas;
- Proficient in written and spoken English;
- Ready to engage in teamwork by participating in on-line meetings (about once a month from March to July 2017) and available in May 2017 to participate in person in a Global Concept Team Meeting;
- Open to international cooperation with Scouts from all countries.
What we offer:
- A chance to join in preparations of the Polish bid for organising the World Scout Jamboree in 2023;
- To work in a young, dynamic and sparkling team;
- A great adventure!
Below we present you a short introduction on the different topics each group will be working on:
Educational Programme Development
- Educational Programme. Based on the Polska 2023 vision, convey the powerful messages of the World Scout Jamboree to all participants through the Educational Programme and its activities, sharing the Scouting spirit & values and creating a diverse and inclusive society to be inherited by future generations. The program concept is currently based on several modules: Skills for Life, Challenge Yourself, Think, Power in Diversity, Explore the Region, Discover Gdańsk, Prosperity, Partnership, Your Jamboree.
- Ceremonies. Visualise the Polska 2023 Jamboree Vision through the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, generating a storm of enthusiasm to both participants on site as well as audiences all over the world.
- Subcamps Programme. Develop subcamp concepts, warmly welcoming scouts. Provide the perfect atmosphere and programmes so that scouts coming from all over the world can interact with each other and engage in social exchanges during and after the Jamboree.
- Host City Events. Bring the best out of cultures in Gdańsk, Poland and around the world through diverse programmes inspired by the Jamboree vision. Deliver the best Cultural Programmes at the Jamboree, building on both Polish and international culture.
- Community Program. Identifying the needs in local communities around Gdansk where support would be welcomed. The programme will be inspired around three key areas of the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development: People (supporting the elderly, children, the disadvantaged), the Planet (supporting the environment, wildlife and culture) and Peace (social actions, campaigns).
- Day Visitors. Provide the best services and opportunities for each day visitor so that visiting the World Scout Jamboree is an once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- People Management. Recruit, Select, Induct, Manage, Retain and Motivate effectively and efficiently the people who will play the key role in planning and delivering successful Jamboree and provide them with the best possible Jamboree experience.
- Programme for IST. Develop a wide range of educational, adventure and fun programme offered for IST Members in the IST Hub during the Jamboree
- Pre- and Post-Jamboree Experience. Develop the concept of “Stop Over Europe”, providing a specific home hospitality programme with activities and tours for IST with Rovers from Poland and other European countries.
Jamboree Site Development & Logistics
- Venues & Infrastructure. To assist in creating a scout-oriented, safe and welcoming site design for the Jamboree, and to develop programme areas with a strong commitment to sustainability from the early design phase. To integrate Jamboree-time requirements with legacy needs and deliver programme areas and other facilities that can be used for educational programme and cultural activities after the Jamboree has been delivered.
- Sustainability. Support in planning and operating a sustainable World Scout Jamboree and promote the Gdańsk 2023 Sustainability Plan in partnership with the Municipality of the City of Gdańsk and other key delivery partners. Support in facilitating the achievement of legacy objectives which will pass on to the future the positive effects, both inside and outside Poland, of hosting the World Scout Jamboree.
- City Operations. To make jamboree stakeholders and city residents experience the event as wonderful as possible by closely cooperating and coordinating with the City so that they can effectively provide safe and reliable services while maintaining the regular functioning of the City
- Food Services. Develop and implement plans necessary to meet the needs of each dietary group. In addition, showcase the high quality of Polish food, whilst providing diversity of food and beverages with tastes from the world in respect to dietary requirements of specific religions and cultural groups.
- Transport. Ensure swift, safe and accessible transport services by aligning an efficient Jamboree transport network with public transport in and around the Jamboree venues.
Should you have any questions, please contact us via e-mail: email@example.com
Applications should be submitted through the registration form: http://bit.ly/GlobalConceptTeamPOLSKA2023 with the deadline for submission being 28th February 2017.
We are looking forward to working with you!
Be the Spark and Pass It On!